Baked barramundi with ginger & soy dressing
November 25, 2018
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1kg-1.5kg whole Infinity Blue Barramundi
- 2 tbsp oil
- 4cm piece ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed or sliced
- 2 red chillies, seeds removed, sliced finely
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 spring onions
- 1 bunch coriander
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Finely slice spring onions and soak in iced water for 20 minutes, then drain. They will curl and make a pretty cool garnish. Slice the barramundi in three places on each side, and place into a roasting pan. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and salt, and roast for 25 minutes.
- While the fish is baking, warm up the oil in a saucepan, and add chilli, garlic and ginger until soft. Add sesame oil, vinegar and soy for another minute, while stirring. Once the barramundi is ready to remove from the oven, place on a platter and pour over the dressing. Scatter spring onion and coriander. Delicious served with rice and greens.
Recipe adapted from: https://www.thefoodcurators.com/recipes/baked-barramundi-with-ginger-and-soy/