Foil baked whole barramundi
January 28, 2019
- 1 Infinity Blue Barramundi (600-800g)
- 2 large cloves of garlic, chopped
- 3cm diameter piece of ginger, thinly sliced
- 5 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 50g bean sprouts
- Coriander, chopped
- Cracked black pepper
- Pre-heat oven at 180°C. Lay out a double layer of foil large enough to wrap around the fish like a parcel. Place the Barramundi on the foil. Pat the fish dry using paper towel. Make three diagonal cuts across the fish with a sharp knife. Sprinkle the garlic, ginger and onions over the fish. Rub lightly over the fish and include some of the seasoning mixture into the diagonal cuts. In a small bowl combine the soy sauce, sesame oil and a twist of black pepper. Pour over the fish. Wrap the foil around the fish sealing all sides. Bake in oven at 180°C for 30-40min. Can also be cooked on top of a barbecue.
- Open the foil carefully and fold back the sides so you can see the whole fish. Sprinkle bean sprouts or chopped coriander over the top. Serve with lemon wedge.
Recipe adapted from: https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/healthyliving/Recipes/view-recipes/whole-baked-or-barbecued-snapper