Smoked barramundi, asparagus & broccoli pasta with green pea pesto
January 6, 2019
Ready in 40 minutes, this delicious pasta dish is loaded with healthy green vegetables. Perfect for a special night in or even family pasta night!
Serves 4 as a main
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 350g good quality dried pasta, such as penne, fusilli or orecchiette
- 1 medium head of broccoli, broken into small florets (approx. 200g)
- 12 spears asparagus, woody ends removed, chopped into 4cm lengths
- 500g smoked barramundi, flesh flaked into pieces
- ¼ cup toasted pinenuts, for garnish
- Large handful red sorrel leaves, for garnish
- Cracked black pepper
Green Pea Pesto:
- 1 cup fresh or frozen (thawed) green peas
- 1/3 cup finely grated Grana Padano
- ¼ cup toasted pinenuts
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tsp sea salt flakes
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 2/3 cup olive oil
Make the Green Pea Pesto:
- Combine all of the ingredients in small food processor and blitz to a chunky pesto consistency.
- Set aside until required.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Cook the pasta as per the packet directions.
- Two minutes before the pasta is completed cooking, add the broccoli and asparagus to the boiling pasta water. When cooked, drain the pasta, broccoli and asparagus and tip into a large serving bowl.
- Toss the smoked barramundi and the green pea pesto through the pasta.
- Garnish with the extra pine nuts, sorrel leaves and cracked pepper. Serve immediately.