Kipfler potato & smoked barramundi salad with caper vinaigrette
January 6, 2019
Bring something different to the BBQ with this Kipfler potato and smoked barramundi salad. Ready in only 35 minutes, it is the perfect addition to any picnic or family gathering.
Serves 8 as a side
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 750g Kipfler fingerling potatoes (sub new potatoes), scrubbed but unpeeled
- 500g smoked barramundi, flesh picked into pieces
- 1 green apple
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ large red onion, diced
- 40g baby rocket leaves, rinsed
- 1 bunch chervil, leaves picked
- Cracked black pepper
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp salted baby capers, rinsed ad roughly chopped
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
Make the Caper Vinaigrette:
- Combine all of the ingredients in a jar and shake vigorously to combine.
- Set aside until required.
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan, cover with cold water and place over high heat. Bring to a boil and continue to boil for 20 minutes. Test that a knife point easily pierces through a potato, then remove from the heat.
- Drain the potatoes, cool slightly, then slice potatoes in half lengthways.
- Toss half of the caper vinaigrette through the warm potatoes, then set aside until cooled.
- Slice the apples into matchsticks and toss with the lemon juice.
- Add the flaked barramundi, the baby rocket leaves and the red onion.
- Gently combine with the potatoes, then drizzle over the remaining vinaigrette and garnish with the chervil leaves and cracked pepper.