Barramundi & red onion ceviche
December 27, 2018
- 1 600-800g barramundi, filleted, skin-off
- 1 Lemon (juiced)
- 1 Cucumber (finely chopped)
- ½ Red Onion (finely sliced)
- 1 Baby hot chilli (finely chopped)
- ½ tub of Solanto tomato (finely chopped)
- ½ bunch of Coriander (finely chopped)
- Tortilla chips (optional)
- Slice red onion finely and salt generously, leave for 30 minutes, then rinse well.
- Slice fillets of fish into strips and then dice into cubes. Place into a small bowl. Add lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of salt. Stir well. Add pepper, diced coriander, chilli, and sliced red onion. Stir well. Cover with plastic wrap and store in fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve within 2 hours by mixing in diced tomato, cucumber and a drizzle of olive oil. Use a fork to place ceviche on tortilla chips (optional). Salt and pepper to taste.