Middle eastern style barramundi with couscous
June 19, 2019
- 1 x 600-700g plate barramundi, cleaned
- 4 tbsp harissa paste
- 1/2 lemon, sliced
- Handful coriander leaves and stems
- 1/4 red onion, roughly sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup instant couscous
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup green olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup currants
- 1/2 cup chickpeas
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 lemon, zest and juice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, additional
- Fill a wok or deep pan with 2 inches water. Bring to a simmer. Fill the cleaned fish cavity with the lemon, coriander, red onion, salt and pepper. Make 3 incisions on each side of the barramundi, slicing through the skin. Spread 2 tbsp harissa paste on each side of the barramundi, evenly coating the skin. Wrap the barramundi tightly in foil. Place in the simmering water and cover with a lid. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place couscous in a heat resistant bowl. Cover with boiling water and olive oil, quickly stir to combine, then seal with cling film. Rest for 6 minutes. Remove the cling film and break up any lumps with a fork. Stir through remaining ingredients and drizzle with additional olive oil.
- Remove barramundi from pan and serve with couscous.