Smoked barramundi pasta al limone
June 2, 2020
This smoked Barramundi Pasta al Limone is the perfect entertainment dish! Delicious and simple to prepare!
- 350g pasta of your choice
- 1 cup thickened cream
- 100g salted butter cut into six cubes
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup pasta water
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 500g smoked barramundi
- Salt to taste
- Cracked black pepper to serve
- Using a peeler, peel off two strips of lemon skin and cut very finely into thin strips. Finely grate the remainder of the lemon skin and juice half of the lemon. Set this all to the side.
- Break down the smoked barramundi fillets into small pieces with your hands and set to the side.
- In a large pot with heavily salted boiling water, cook your pasta al dente.
- Follow the cooking instructions on the back of the pasta packet. While your pasta is cooking begin to make the sauce.
- In a large pot on a low heat, add your cream and lemon zest and bring to the simmer while stirring quite frequently with a whisk. To ensure you emulsify the butter and cream, add one cube of butter into the cream and whisk through until it is fully melted and combined with the cream. Repeat this step 5 times until all the butter is mixed through. Take your sauce off the heat.
- Reserve 1/4 – 1/2 cup pasta water and drain your pasta. Add your pasta into the sauce with the pasta water and stir through on a low – medium heat for several minutes. Start with 1/4 cup pasta water and add more in if your sauce is too thick. Add your fish, cheese, lemon juice and salt to taste and continue to stir through for 1 – 2 minutes or until everything is well combined. You should have a smooth and silky sauce.
- Serve your pasta with a sprinkling of the lemon strips, fresh cracked pepper and sprinkling of parmesan.